Master of Science (Information Technology) program is a two year postgraduate degree course with each year having two semesters.
A learner for being eligible for admission to the Post Graduate Programme i.e. Master of Science (Information Technology), shall have passed the examination for the Bachelor’s degree in the Faculty of Science/ Technology of this University or equivalent degree of recognized Universities with major and ancillary Subjects at undergraduate level as detailed below:
Major: Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Life Sciences, Medicine.
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology - B.Tech./B.E. in Engineering/ Computer Science/ Information Technology
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences - B.C.A/B.C.S/ Information Technology
Every candidate admitted to the degree course in the constituent/affiliated college/recognized institution, conducting the course, shall have to register himself/herself with the University.
The main objectives of the course are:
• to think analytically, creatively and critically in developing robust, extensible and highly maintainable technological solutions to simple and complex problems.
• to apply their knowledge and skills to be employed and excel in IT professional careers and/or to continue their education in IT and/or related post graduate programmes.
• to be capable of managing complex IT projects with consideration of the human, financial and environmental factors.
• to work effectively as a part of a team to achieve a common stated goal.
• to adhere to the highest standards of ethics, including relevant industry and organizational codes of conduct.
• to communicate effectively with a range of audiences both technical and non-technical.
• to develop an aptitude to engage in continuing professional development.
To empower students with domain knowledge of Computer Engineering and interpersonal skills to cater to the industrial and societal needs.
M1: Developing technical skills by explaining the rationale behind learning.
M2: Developing interpersonal skills to serve the society in the best possible manner.
M3: Creating awareness about the ever changing professional practices to build industrial adaptability
India today is a leader in Information Technology and IT companies today are the single largest recruiters in India. M.Sc(IT) provides students with Master’s Degree in IT and allied fields to enhance their skills and become “Industry Ready”. The M.Sc.(IT) curriculum has been designed to provide the most sought after skills in IT industry today, be it Mobile Development, Cloud Computing or Embedded Systems. All these courses are a part of the curriculum of the M.Sc.(IT) programme. We at VSIT ensure that the students passsing out possess the required knowledge and skills to be “Employable” rather than be “Trainable”.
Chief Academic Officer